Planning to import a chart of accounts in QuickBooks? Well, if that is the case, then read the post till the end to learn the complete set of steps that can be performed to successfully import chart of accounts in QuickBooks. QuickBooks uses your chart of accounts to organize all your accounting. When you set up your company, QuickBooks customizes your chart of accounts for you. To know more about this procedure, make sure to read the post till the end. However, if you are seeking any professional guidance, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-888-351-0999, and they will provide you with immediate expert assistance.
Steps to import chart of accounts
Step 1: Format your spreadsheet
Step 2: Upload your spreadsheet
- The user should sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- After that choose Settings and then select Import Data.
- The next step is to choose Chart of Accounts.
- For uploading a file from your computer, select Browse and choose the file. Then select Open.
- Choose Next.
Step 3: Map your spreadsheet fields to QuickBooks fields
Once the user uploads the spreadsheet, it is suggested to map the accounts, so they import correctly.
The user should select the drop-down icon and match the names to the QuickBooks Online field for:
- Detail Type
- Account Name
- Account number
- And then choose Next.
Step 4: Import your chart of accounts
- You’re almost finished. Check everything one last time before you import your accounts.
- In case the user finds a field highlighted in red, hover over the highlighted field to see what is to be fixed.
- And then uncheck any account you don’t want to save.
- If everything looks good, go for Import.
Step 5: Enter opening balances for accounts
- After that download your transactions to QuickBooks
- For downloading the account transactions, the user can connect the bank or credit card accounts to QuickBooks. QuickBooks will download and categorize the transactions so the user can review and approve them. This will most probably complete the process to set up chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
After performing the steps mentioned in above, one might be able to successfully import charts of accounts in QuickBooks. However, if there is any query, then getting in touch with our support professionals at +1-888-351-0999 is recommended. The user can ask our QuickBooks support team to carry out the process and let our experts handle the situation.