QuickBooks frozen or crashing error is one of the most frequently encountered errors that occur when a user attempts to open their QB company file. Then, copy the file to a printer, save it and then click at the Ship icon in the middle of your transaction.
This error category contains fifty different code errors. Each with 10-digits within the ” 5-digits space 5-digits” (XXXXX XXXXX) sequence. This type of QuickBooks desktop unrecoverable error happens when you start the program, since you may have opened multiple windows after closing the file. This article we’ll show you how to solve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. In this case, you’ll receive an error message similar to.
When QuickBooks unrecoverable error codes occur, you will need to face the different error codes listed below the table.
You may read — QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly
Reasons for an QuickBooks Freezing
The most common cause of an Freezing error occurs when software or update is installed improperly or in a way that is not complete, or the corrupted data is present. Other causes of the error could be: attempting for access to, or backup or save a company’s file trying to access a company file that is stored on external media, trying to access a file belonging to a company from a different computer, trying to access a file belonging to a company in the same location where the encryption software is stored and attempting to access a corporate file which is utilized by a different computer, trying to access a corporate folder in a multi-user form or using multi-user settings, or attempting to access a file belonging to a company using an incorrect path. This is just a small sample of the many reasons you could encounter an QuickBooks error that is not recoverable on your smart or computer device. It is important to fix the error as soon as you can and re-install QuickBooks to ensure that the application runs efficiently.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Frozen on startup
There are a few solutions that have been hand-picked below to assist you to eliminate the problem. You can try any of them to solve this problem. We suggest begin with the initial one and move on to the next.
Solution 1: Paste the Company File on the Desktop
- First, open the directory where you stored the QB file.
- Find your Locate button.
- You can use it to search for the file that has it’s .qbw extension.
- Then, duplicate the files.
- Then, paste it onto the desktop.
- Press Ctrl to start.
- Be sure to run this program.
- Another window will appear in the form of a window will be titled “No Company Open.
- Click the blue button highlighted to open.
- You will then need to determine the exact location you used to paste this QB document.
Solution 2: Create a New Admin User on Windows
There are times when an error in QuickBooks that cannot be fixed can also occur when you don’t have the right access to complete the task within QuickBooks. In this case, setting up a new administrator user is a good way to assist in the solution of the error. The steps below:
- Tap Start in the first spot to continue.
- Then you can go to Settings and then click on the Accounts section.
- The next option is to you can choose Family and other users.
- In the next step If you want to continue, click “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Then, click I don’t have that user’s sign-in details to move forward.
- In this case, you must select the Add a user option with no Microsoft account in the following page.
- At the end Enter your Username and Password.
- In this case you will be able to select choices such as Password Hint or Security Questions to help you in the future.
- After that, clicking the Next button will complete this process.
Solution 3: Try Opening a Sample File
Download a sample file into QuickBooks to see whether the issue is within that company’s file, or QB program. In order to open the sample file follow these steps:
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ button when you open QuickBooks until the “No Company Open’ window appears.
- Choose ‘Open a sample document’.
If the sample file is opened but you can’t open a file for your company then the problem is in your company file. In this case, transfer the file to a different destination by following these steps:
- Right-click the desktop, then click “New” and then select Folder.
- Input the name of the folder.
Check to see if you are able to connect to QuickBooks. If you can, then open QuickBooks files. If not, you can try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 4: Use the Quick Fix my Program Tool
Make use of this Quick Fix my Program tool that is available on the QuickBooks Tools Hub in order to correct the non-recoverable error. For the tool to be used you must follow the steps below:
- Download the most current version of The QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- On completion of the download process, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the steps to set up the tool hub.
- After the installation is completed, double-click the Windows desktop icon to open this tool hub.
NOTE: Skip the above steps If you’ve already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub. You can proceed by following the steps.
- In in the QuickBooks Tool hub window, select the option ‘Program Problems’.
- On the ‘Program Issues’ screen On the screen ‘Program Problems’, click the Quick Fix My Program’ button.
Start Your QuickBooks Desktop and try opening the company file.
Solution 5: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
Use the Windows + E key simultaneously on your keyboard for opening the Window for your computer..
- Then, under the ” Organize” tab, on the left hand side select Search and Folder options.
- Choose from the ” View‘ tab.
- Under the Advanced Settings click on Advanced Settings Hidden folders and files > Show hidden folders and files Click on OK.
- Go to My Computer >> C: drive >> C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER>INI files and Select Delete/Rename.
NOTE: QuickBooks Automatically creates an entirely brand new QBWUSER.INI file.
If the program opens after you rename either QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml try opening a sample company file.
Solution 6: Restart your system and turn off the antivirus program Temporary
- Before beginning any task you must reboot your computer before you begin any task. It will assist in closing all background tasks.
- Then, open the QuickBooks file again , and then check whether the error has gone or if it’s the same.
If the issue persists, you can disable your antivirus program for a short period of time. (Refer to the anti-virus program’s help menu or seek the advice of an experienced IT expert)
You may also read — QuickBooks crashes when login
Solution 7: Use QuickBooks System Repair tool
- In the beginning you must download the first, the QuickBooks fix tool.
- Then, you must save the file to an appropriate local folder on the desktop.
- Then, you need then shut down all the earlier running programs, and then installing the program.
- Furthermore to that, it is important to note that the scan takes around 20 minutes to complete throughout the device.
- After the tool fixes it, the client has reboot the console. Once they have done that, they’re back in business.
We hope that the below solutions and details will help in resolving the QuickBooks desktop keeps freezing. These solutions can be very beneficial for all types of errors that are not recoverable in the system. If something goes wrong when performing the process, the reason could be something different. To determine the cause, you should consult QuickBooks Data Service. They will certainly assist you in resolving the issue with no trouble.