Nowadays, you will struggle to find any company that does not have a web presence. Without a solid presence on the web and social media, it is near-impossible for any business to sustain and grow in a highly competitive environment. While it is now possible for a business owner to design a website without seeking professional help, in most cases, hiring a dedicated web development company proves to be useful. Unless you own a startup and have a shoe-string budget, it is advisable to opt for the services of a veteran web development entity to get a company website created.
Hardships in locating an ideal web development agency
Businesses looking for a suitable website development agency have to cope with several hardships. This is ironic given the fact there is no shortage of such agencies anywhere. Listed below are the major problems faced by businesses looking for suitable web development service providers.
- Picking the right type of agency– When you look for web development service providers, you may find it hard to zero in on the right type. There are three types to pick from, as it is. For most businesses picking a regional web development firm seems the easy and logical choice. However, those on a modest budget usually sign up for services of the overseas agencies that offer services through the outsourcing model. If your budget is even tighter, settling for a freelance web designer makes sense. Sometimes, picking among the three types seems tedious.
- Picking the right tool or platform– Just like there is an abundance of companies offering web development services, the same can be said about the tools and software solutions available for website creation. For businesses on the lookout for a web developer, picking the right tool is also hard. You may be unsure about picking between open source and commercial solutions for website development. However, veteran and professional web development entities help their clients in making the right choice in this regard.
- Checking expertise of the developer- For business owners not much adept in technological stuff, assessing the technical expertise of a web developer is often hard. These web developers have expertise in various disciplines. There are firms that offer comprehensive web development services, but you will also come across entities offering specialized web development services. For example, some firms or freelance developers may offer PHP web development or CMS development services. To ensure you do not make a wrong choice, know what you need before looking for web developers.
- The support provisions- Not all web development agencies offer the same kind of support for their clients. It will be a mistake if you overlook this aspect before signing up for the services of a web development agency. You never know when your website may be down with snags or get subjected to hacking exploits. Ideally, look for an entity that offers support through email, phone, and live chat. Social media-based support will be a boon.
- Customization option issues- Sometimes, it is hard to find a web application development company that offers enough flexibility for the clients. In most cases, you will find such agencies offering some tailor-made packages for target customers. However, some clients may need customization in these packages. This may include things like support for multiple languages or compliance with regulatory standards like HIPAA. So, your aim should be to check out web development customization possibilities in their offerings.
- Safety issues– It is not just enough to get a website developed that looks stunning and has a pleasant-looking UI. You cannot overlook the safety factor at all, as a website sans enough security measures deployed can land you in trouble. Sadly, not all web development agencies are keen on deploying online safety measures on their websites made by them. This may lead to serious hassles later. So, when you hire any web development agency, ensure you learn about the safety mechanisms used by it.
- Delivery timing issues- Sometimes, you may face hardships in finding agencies that are capable of developing websites and delivering in time. Delay in delivery can be caused by factors like workload, unexpected issues cropping up during the testing phase, etc.
How to locate a web development company that can be relied upon?
Now that you know the major hurdles involved in locating a reliable web development agency, here are some tips to make your selection less difficult.
- First of all, you should think of the tenure of the agency and its level of expertise. That is not to say the new agencies are bound to be unreliable.
- Next, you have to look at the clientele of a web development company. Does it have a vast client base, and that includes clients hailing from multiple sectors? If yes, then it is likely to be versatile in its offering. If you seek e-commerce website development, look for an agency specializing in that discipline.
- It is natural that any web development agency or developer you deal with will say a lot of niceties about their services. However, do not get carried away by their claims. You have to assess their work samples or portfolio. Check the websites made by such an agency on multiple grounds. You have to find out if the websites made by an agency look appealing, have nice navigation, are mobile-optimized, SEO-enabled, and laden with the newest security measures.
- Finally, you have to check out the feedback of clients of web development agencies to understand their suitability for your needs. This is something you can assess online. Logically, finding an agency with a 100% client satisfaction rate is not easy but look for one that has a majority of positive reviews at least.
- You will be able to figure out if a web development company is suited for your needs or not by the response you receive from it. This is a vital factor in the assessment. The unreliable contenders are likely to show eagerness to get you signed up fast. So, steer clear of an agency that is trying to evade your queries. The top ones usually offer consultation to prospective clients and explain the nuances of their services. They won’t hide any aspect, including service terms and charges either.
Summing it up
There are difficulties in finding the right and reliable web development agency, for sure. However, it is not impossible to find reliable and apt contenders when you know how to assess. The bottom line is taking a slow and steady approach and evaluating the contenders on key parameters.