If we meet someone for the first time, we first notice his smile. One smile is enough to touch anyone’s heart. Strong and beautiful teeth add to the captivating smile. Everyone wants his teeth to shine like pearls so that his personality shines through. But, if you don’t have beautiful teeth, don’t worry because cosmetic dentistry is one method that can help you get a new look. Know about it in detail.
Find here -> Aesthetic Dentist Melbourne
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a therapy that aims to bring about positive changes in both teeth and smiles. If your teeth are stained, discolored, cracked, crooked, or have gaps in your teeth, cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve a good smile. In a smile makeover, you can improve your smile through one or two cosmetic dentistry procedures.
What is the importance of cosmetic dentistry?
Many people consider cosmetic dentistry to be a waste of money. They feel that things like fillings and root canals are there to avoid infection. But, Cosmetic Dentistry is only concerned with looks. People also believe that if something is not right with Cosmetic Dentistry, then what is the use it. But, this therapy is beneficial for boosting people’s self-confidence and helping them to look good. People not only feel beautiful but also feel more confident after cosmetic dentistry. The cost of Cosmetic Dentistry may vary according to the type and material used for it. Usually, its price ranges between Rs.5,000 to Rs.15,000.
Who Needs Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry is a must for every person who has problems with his teeth. Know which people use this therapy. If you have these problems with your teeth, you can use Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Teeth with Gap
- Crooked Teeth
- Oversized Teeth
- Small Teeth
- Dark Teeth
- Protruding Teeth
- Fractured Teeth
- Teeth with Fluorosis stains
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can be of many types and it depends on the problem of your teeth. Know about it in detail:
Teeth Whitening and Bleaching
Teeth whitening or bleaching is the most popular option for those who want an easy and fast way to change their smile. It’s also a great method for those who don’t want anything more than brightening or don’t want to commit too much.
Dental veneers have been considered a good option for many years. Veneers are thin porcelain shells that fit over the facial surface of the teeth. Dental veneers are the thin, tooth-colored porcelain or resin that covers the front surface of the teeth. After removing about half a millimeter of enamel from the surface of the teeth, these thin shells are fastened to the front of the teeth, changing their color, shape, size, or length. Dental veneers not only make the teeth look real. Rather, it also removes many cosmetic problems like crooked teeth or gaps between teeth due to damaged enamel.
In this method of cosmetic dentistry, a resin-like putty is applied to the teeth. It is a long-lasting plastic material. It is applied to the teeth and strengthened with ultraviolet or laser light. Your dentist can cut, shape, or polish it. With this bonding, broken, ripped, cracked teeth can be repaired.
Dental implants are used for broken or missing teeth. For this, the dentist uses a small screw in the jaw from where the tooth is missing. Once the bone and supporting tissue are implanted, the tooth becomes permanent in that place. If you are considering cosmetic dentistry medical procedures, it is important to find a cosmetic dentist who specifically offers the options you want. They will guide you as to which procedure will be best for you.
Dental crowns are made to fit the entire tooth. These are made around the teeth according to the need. They are used to treat teeth that are misshapen or have had root canal surgery or large fillings. Along with this, teeth shaping is used for the teeth whose shape has deteriorated. This method can be painless and immediately beneficial.
What are the risks associated with Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are also some risks associated with cosmetic dentistry. These methods are not permanent. The risks associated with this are as follows:
- In some cases, this method involves some tissue complications that can lead to infection, etc. More cleaning, consultation, and revision surgery are resorted to correct and improve this problem.
- Another risk associated with this is tooth sensitivity. Which are usually temporary but can be permanent in some cases. A root canal is also needed in severe cases.
- Cosmetic dentistry can cause problems with the jaw, so it is normal to have trouble eating anything.
- Some people may face tooth discoloration even after cosmetic dentistry.
Diet for Dental Health
If you eat something, it affects not only your health but also your teeth and gums. For example, if you eat a diet rich in starchy or sugar, you are not only feeding yourself but also bacteria. Which cause tooth decay or gum problems. Know, what you should and should not eat to keep your teeth strong and beautiful:
What to eat for dental health and beauty? (What to Eat)
- Fiber Fruits and Vegetables: A diet rich in fiber keeps teeth and gums clean. Therefore, be sure to include fruits, vegetables or other fiber-rich things in your diet.
- Milk and Milk Products: Milk and milk products contain calcium and phosphate. Which is good for teeth.
- Green and Black Tea: Both of these contain polyphenols, which are beneficial in killing bacteria. They neither grow nor form bacteria in the teeth.
- Sugar-free Chewing Gum: Chewing gum without sugar also makes saliva which removes the particles trapped in the teeth.
- A diet containing fluoride: Fluoridated diet or liquids are also beneficial for teeth, which removes the problem of teeth and makes teeth healthy and beautiful.
what not to eat
If you want to make your teeth healthy and beautiful, then apart from cosmetic dentistry, you should also take care of some things. For example, not only should you eat certain foods during this time, but it is also important to avoid consuming certain things. In such a situation, avoid consuming these things:
- Sticky Candies and Sweets
- Starchy Foods
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Things that make the Mouth dry like Alcohol or many Medicines
What exercises should be done to make teeth beautiful and healthy? (Exercises for teeth)
Cosmetic dentistry may help your teeth shine, but it is only a part of therapy. In such a situation, if you take care of your health, then it will also help in keeping the teeth healthy. Know which exercises are beneficial for the teeth.
- Stretching Exercises: Stretching exercises help to keep the jaw muscles and joints normal. Try to open and close your jaw slowly. This exercise will help keep your teeth healthy.
- Mouth Breathing: Breathing deeply is great for your body. But it can also prove to be helpful in problems like tooth decay and cavity etc. In this, you only have to breathe with your mouth open.
- Tongue Up: In tongue up, the front part of the tongue is placed over the mouth, and then by applying slight pressure, the mouth has to be opened and closed at the same time. By repeating this process for some time, your jaws will get relief and your teeth will also benefit.
What should be done for healthy and beautiful teeth?
If you take care of a few things then your donations will not be a problem. This will also keep your teeth shiny and healthy. For this, you need to keep some things in mind, such as:
- Avoid an unhealthy diet. If you feel like eating snacks, then choose something that has nutrition.
- drink more water.
- Fluoridated water can help prevent tooth decay. If you choose bottled water, check the label for fluoride content.
- Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Floss once a day.
The teeth are one of the strongest parts of the human body which are not only necessary for chewing but also help in speaking. If your teeth have become damaged due to age or any health conditions and you want to enhance the beauty of your teeth, then you can resort to cosmetic dentistry. If you want, consult a doctor for this and get the right guidance.