Of all the errors QuickBooks users face, error 1327 is related to problems in installation. When the destination drive is damaged and needs to be repaired, the QuickBooks error 1327 pops up. Users mostly don’t have any idea how to handle this error and they panic. If you are one of the many QuickBooks users experiencing QuickBooks installation error 1327, we are here to help you out. In this article, we will talk about what triggers the error code 1327 and what are the steps to resolve it.
If you are having difficulty resolving the error, you can reach out to our support team at 1.855.738.2784 for immediate assistance.
What Makes the QuickBooks Error Code 1327 Pop Up?
The error can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- The registry settings are inappropriate.
- The .Net framework is damaged or corrupted.
- There is some internal damage to your device.
- The user access permission is insufficient.
- There are connection issues in the network or storage drive.
Troubleshooting the Error
Below are the ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 1327 –
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly
Step 1 – Correcting the Registry Settings
Review your registry settings to make sure it’s correct.
- Create a backup and open the Run
- Type Regeditin the search box and press OK.
- On the Registry Editorwindow, move to HKEY_CURRENTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders
- Find the drive entries appearing in the error message and replace the drive letter with C:\.
- Save and restart your computer.
Step 2 – Fixing the .Net Framework
Fixing issues with the .Net framework can help fix the QuickBooks Desktop error 1327
- In the search field of the Start menu, type Control Paneland double-click it.
- Go to the Programs tab and click on the Turn Windows features on or off
- Log in and enter the required details.
- Find the .Net frameworkand un-tick the box to turn it off.
- Restart your PC and enable the framework.
Step 3 – Installing Windows using a New Windows User
Fix the error by creating a new Windows user to install Windows.
- Open the Runwindow and search for Control Panel.
- Select Small Iconsfrom the View
- Access the Network and SharingCenter and select Change Adapter Settings.
- Disable all the adapters and install QuickBooks again.
- Revert the settings once the QBinstallation is done.
Step 4 – Disconnecting the Network Drive
Disconnect the network drive to fix network connection issues causing the QuickBooks error message 1327.
- Go to the Windows Programtab and open Windows Explorer.
- Select Disconnect Network Drivefrom the Tools
- On the Toolsmenu, select Map Network Drive.
- Find the Shell Fileoption and un-mark it. Type the correct path and press OK.
- Perform a system reboot and reinstall QuickBooks.
Fix the QuickBooks error 1327 using the above-given steps. If the error persists, you can contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance with the same.