Rhinoplasty, also known as ‘nose job,’ is a popular cosmetic surgery that changes the nose shape and size by modifying bones and cartilage structure. The main aim of rhinoplasty is to improve the appearance and functioning of the nose. It is also performed to repair the deformities caused to the nose from an injury or in people suffering from breathing problems due to deviated septum.
An ideal nose shape makes one look attractive, and rhinoplasty surgery enhances facial harmony by making the nose ideally proportionate. The surgery also removes the nasal hump by changing the angle between the nose and the upper lip and achieving the desired look. It is also performed for transgender patients who want to make their face look more feminine. A female nose is sleek, straight and has a smaller tip in comparison to a male’s nose. So, the rhinoplasty performed with an aim to make a person look more feminine is often termed as ‘Feminizing Rhinoplasty’ or ‘Nose Feminization Surgery’.
Which city is best for rhinoplasty in India?
Dr. Parag Telang is an expert plastic, cosmetic, and Facial Feminization Surgeon who performs the best rhinoplasty in India at Designer Bodyz Clinic in Mumbai. Dr. Parag’s qualifications, along with his experience, make him a renowned plastic surgeon.
Changes a surgeon can make during Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Improve the size and shape of the nose
- Change the angle and projection of the nose
- Tip of the nose can be reshaped
- Nostrils can be reshaped
What happens during a Rhinoplasty Consultation
One must always consult with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss the risk and other factors that determine if the surgery works well for them. Some of these include-
- The patient must share his/her medical history that includes the medications, and any disorder one is currently suffering from or has suffered in the past.
- The patient needs to be physically examined to determine what changes need to be made and what results can be obtained.
- The patient should avoid consuming blood-thinning medications for two weeks before and after the surgery. These increase the risk of nasal bleeding after surgery and make the healing process slow.
- The patient should avoid smoking before and after the treatment as it slows down the healing process.Types of Rhinoplasty Surgery
Various types of Rhinoplasty surgery are listed and described below-
- Closed Rhinoplasty- In a closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nostrils that help hide scarring. It is a highly specialized technique that allows faster healing, less swelling, and less bruising but provides limited access to the nasal structures.
- Open Rhinoplasty- In this procedure, the incision is made across the columella, the space between the nostrils. It provides easy access and visibility to the surgeon but the scar is outside of the nose which is well concealed in the natural contours of the nose, which makes it less visible.
- Reduction Rhinoplasty- It is performed to make the nose smaller.
- Revision Rhinoplasty- It is used to revise the result from a previous rhinoplasty. It can be performed by open and closed rhinoplasty procedures depending on the structure of the nose and the changes required to be made.
- Septorhinoplasty- This is a type of corrective rhinoplasty performed in individuals whose septum (cartilage that separates the inside of the nose) is disproportionate and hindering the ability to breathe.
- Procedures of rhinoplasty surgery?
Firstly, the patient is provided with anaesthesia, which might be local or general anaesthesia. The local anaesthesia will be given in an outpatient setting. The local anaesthesia generally numbs the nose and face, but the patient will still be awake. It is given by IV lines that are injected intravenously. On the other hand, general anaesthesia will affect the entire body, and the patient will be asleep during the surgery.
Then the selection of technique to perform rhinoplasty is done depending on the changes required. The procedure can either be closed or open, and then the nose structure is reshaped. Once the nose is sculpted, nasal skin is re-draped, and incisions are closed. The complete procedure usually takes 1-2 hours, but it may take longer in the case of a complex surgery.
After surgery, the doctor places a metal splint on the nose that helps the nose to retain its new shape while it heals.
After the surgery, the patient must take proper rest and avoid swimming, jumping, running, blowing the nose for a few weeks as it can cause excessive nasal bleeding.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
Rhinoplasty has various benefits as most people opt for this treatment to improve their appearance – to change the size of their nose, and many others. Some of the benefits of rhinoplasty are listed below:
- It helps to fix the broken nose.
- It helps in improving confidence as the appearance of an individual is directly related to his confidence.
- It also helps in treating sinus problems.
- The snoring problem can also be treated by rhinoplasty.
Dr. Parag Telang also performs Genioplasty or Chin Feminization cosmetic surgery in India, in which the chin repositioning and reshaping are done to enhance facial harmony. It is a popular treatment among many females and transgender females who want a more feminine chin and lower face shape.
- How much does a nose job cost in India?
When the chin looks receding compared to the position of the nose, in such a case chin surgery and rhinoplasty surgery both may be considered to get ideal face shape. For more information about rhinoplasty cost in India and want to see facial feminization surgery before and after results photos consult today with an expert plastic surgeon Dr. Parag Telang or visit the website.
Leave a Reply