Best ever guide on fixing QuickBooks Error h303
When working with the company file, one of the most important components of QuickBooks, you run the risk of encountering a number of different kinds of technical errors. Because of errors like these, users may not be able to access all of the information that is available. One of these situations is when you try to switch your company file over to multi-user mode and QuickBooks throws error H303 at you. This error occurs when you try to switch your company file over. Now, the question that needs to be asked is why the error is interrupting. Let’s have a more in-depth conversation about the issue so that we can collect as much information as possible regarding it, given that there could be a variety of causes. Therefore, you should not delay and read this article.
You can get in touch with one of the certified experts by dialing our Toll-Free number +1-(888)-293-0274 if you have any questions regarding the QuickBooks company file error H303. The team of our highly trained technical experts is available to assist you around the clock in order to help you successfully eliminate the bug.
Related article — QuickBooks unrecoverable Error
What are the underlying causes of the data file error code H303, and how can they be avoided?
Find out everything there is to know about the factors that are contributing to the problem by referring to the causes that we have explained in more detail:
- If there has been a problem with the multi-user network, then there is a significant chance that you will experience the glitch.
- Conduct a search for the network data file and the transaction log file, as either or both of these files may have been severely damaged or even corrupted.
- Incorrectly configured Windows Firewall security settings may also be one of the primary causes of the error H303.
- An error like this could be caused by a damaged or corrupted file belonging to the company.
The Most Effective Solutions for Getting Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message H303
Even if the error code occurs rather frequently, it is possible that you will have trouble repairing it on occasion. As a result, the methods of troubleshooting that have been given below will assist you in debugging the mistake in an acceptable manner in a very short amount of time. Take a cursory look at these for a moment:
The first solution is to change the names of the network data files and the transaction log.
- To get started with the process, head to the folder that contains your company file as the first step.
- Once you’ve found the folder, you need to hunt for files with the.ND and.TLG extensions attached to them.
- Make sure that the names of the files will be comparable to the name of the file that contains your data.
- After you have seen both files, rename them after you have done so.
- To accomplish this, right-click on each file, and then select the “Rename” option from the context menu.
- At this point, append the extension ‘.OLD’ to the very end of the names of the files, and then press the ‘Enter’ key on your computer.
- Once you have given the new names to both files and saved them, exit the corporate file folder.
- The final step is to start up your QuickBooks Desktop application so that you can view the data file.
The second solution is to make modifications to the settings of the Windows Firewall configuration.
- To begin, navigate to the “Start” section of the Windows desktop and then type “Windows Firewall” into the search box. This will launch the Windows Firewall.
- After pressing the “Enter” key, navigate to the “Advanced Settings” section of the screen for the firewall.
- After right-clicking on ‘Inbound Rules,’ select the ‘New Rule’ option from the context menu.
- Select “Ports” and then “Next” from the menu.
- After selecting ‘TCP,’ navigate to the area labelled “Specific local ports,” and then type in the port number that corresponds to your QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- After clicking the “Next” button, proceed to the following step and select “Allow the Connection” from the menu that appears.
- Once more, use the ‘Next’ button to mark all of the profiles.
- Once you have selected the ‘Next’ option, you will be prompted to create a rule and give it a name before proceeding.
- When you are ready to complete the steps, click the button labelled “Finish.”
The third solution is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- If the QuickBooks application is already open on your device, you must remember to exit it before continuing.
- When you have finished using it, navigate to the Intuit website to access its official homepage.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks website and check for the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub there.
- After it has finished downloading, save the file in the correct folder so that you can access it later.
- Proceed to the following step, which requires you to run the “QuickBooks.exe” file in order to begin the process of installing the Tool Hub programme.
- When you run the file, continue by following the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
- In addition to that, you are required to choose the appropriate checkboxes in order to indicate that you agree the terms and conditions.
- When the installation process is complete, navigate back to your desktop and double-click the application’s icon to start using the programme.
- Navigate to the section labelled “Company File Issues” with your pointer.
- Select the option to “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” from the menu.
- At this point, using the menu that drops down, choose the data file that you want to check, and then click the option that says “Check your file.”
- After providing the admin password for Quick Books, click the “Continue” button.
- Finally, select “Next,” and then attempt to open the file pertaining to your organization.
You may also read — How to fix Ol-222 Error in QuickBooks
After completing the installation of the QuickBooks Tool Hub, proceed to Forth Solution and make use of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
NOTE: You are required to consult the answer present up top in order to acquire the knowledge necessary to learn how to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- To start things off, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub up and running.
- Select “Network Issues” from the menu, then select “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- When you have located your business’s file, proceed to step three and select the “Start Scan” option.
- When all of the problems have been fix, select ‘Close,’ and then launch the QB Desktop application so that you may view the corporate file.
Check for an option labelled “Host Multi-User Menu” as the fifth possible solution.
- Launch the QuickBooks software application on a workstation, and under the ‘File’ menu, navigate to the ‘Utilities’ option by moving the pointer there.
- If there is an option to “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access,” select it if it is shows to you. If this is not the case, repeat the process on the remaining workstations.
- After you have double checked each of the workstations, proceed to the host computer.
- Start up QuickBooks, and then navigate to the ‘Utilities’ tab from the ‘File’ menu option.
- If the option to “Host Multi-User Access” appears, select it by tapping on it.
Since this is the final section of our essay on the QuickBooks error H303, we are going to assume that you have learned everything there is to know about the issue by now. In addition, we have provided you with these methods of problem-solving after consulting with our knowledgeable professionals in the field. As a result, in order to debug the mistake, follow these remedies accordingly. Feel free to have a one-on-one conversation with one of the certified pro-advisors by calling our toll-free number +1-(888)-293-0274 in the event that you have any other additional questions or if you run into any problems while trying to fix the problem. In either case, the conversation will be free of charge.
Related article — Forgot QuickBooks payroll pin