Looking for a solution to fix error Microsoft Outlook unknown error 0x80040600 Being an email client from Microsoft, it has create a genre users of users and it increase the responsibility to provide best to best functions and features to user. It has been named as one of the most popular email clients in recent times.
But even Outlook there are some issues that are yet waiting to be resolved. Behind the complex Outlook algorithms and coding, there are bugs which still make u stuck many users. Many of Outlook users face errors frequently, which are hard to understand and resolve. And one of them are 0x80040600.
As a Microsoft Outlook user, if you tried to read, send, receive, or deleted an email message, and doing so, if you have received the Microsoft outlook unknown error 0x80040600, it is all because of the corrupt or damaged Outlook PST file.
Moreover, you would have lost access to all the stored data items, such as email messages, contact, calendars, tasks journals, tasks, etc. With this as the Outcome, it become an urgent need for you fix the Outlook error 0x80040600. Read on to know the methods that you can use to fix this error so that you are able to access the saved data.
What is Outlook Error 0x800400600 And Why This Error Occurs
At the time of send, receive, or read, or even trying to delete an email. And doing other things Outlook shows you an error message an unknown message occurred 0x80040600.
Manually Create Outlook PST File and Replace the Corrupt One
If the above method fails to resolve the error 0x80040600 on your computer, you should replace the corrupt PST file with a new Unicode Outlook PST file. However, this requires three different process.
- Create a New ANSI PST
- Create a New Unicode PST
- Import data from ANSI PST to Unicode PST
Create a New ANSI PST
To create a new ANSI PST file, use the below procedure
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the following on the Home tab.
- Select Outlook 97-2002 data file using the drop-down menu next to save as type.
- Click OK to create an ANSI PST file.
- Close the Outlook program and rename this file.
Create a Unicode PST
To create Unicode PST, you may use the following steps-
- Launch Microsoft Outlook again and browse to the following path on the Home tab.
New Items > More Item > Outlook Data File
- Select Outlook data file using the drop-down menu next to Save as type.
- Put a name to this file and save it to a specific location (easy to access).
Import Data from ANSI PST to Unicode PST
To import data from an ANSI PST file to Unicode PST, use the below steps-
- Go to the file tab, select Open & Export there after hit Import/Export.
- When a Pop-Up window appears with several options, choose Import from another program or file.
- Click Next and select Outlook Data File.
- On the succeeding screen, hit browse next to File to Import and select the recently created Outlook data file.
- Here, tick the box include subfolders, and click Finish to import data from ANSI PST to Unicode PST.
That’s it, the data in now imported from the ANSI to Unicode.
Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600 Run the ScanPST.EXE Tool
There is an inbuilt tool provided by Microsoft Outlook to repair minor issues such as missing or deleted emails. It can be locate in the following places on a Window PS:
In case you have come across the PST file, and you have to immediately recover your PST file. Then there is Outlook Inbuilt tool called SCAnPST.exe. Following steps are given below.
- Locate the ScanPST tool on your Window computer. You can make use of the following ScanPST location on your Outlook version.
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Office\ Office16\
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Office\ root\ Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\ Offive15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\ office12
- Open ScanPST.exe by double-clicking on it start repairing corrupt PST file.
- Click the browse button. And select the corrupt Outlook Outlook PST file that you want to repair.
- Click the Start button. Now, the inbox repair tool will start scanning the PST file to find any corruption or error in the Outlook data file (.pst).
- Once the SCANPST tool finds any corruption in the PST file, select make a backup of scanned file before repairing option to create a backup tool. This will ensure the safety of your corrupt Outlook data file.
- Now, click the repair button to start fixing PST file corruption.
Limitations of Using ScanPST.exe to Repair Corrupted PST File
- Size Limitation – ScanPST is only able to recover up to 2GB data file, due to size limitations. ScanPST cannot repair the data file which is above 2GB.
- Not Effective When PST is Badly Damaged – exe is a free-built tool provided by Outlook. It can only recover the headers of the PST file.
- Not Effected if Data is Permanently deleted – This ScanPST tool is not effective when the PST files if permanently deleted. It can only recover the light deleted data file.
- Unable to Recover Orphan Files – If your file is not connected to server, then this tool cannot repair your PST file.
Alternate Solution to Repair Corrupted File When ScanPST.exe Not Work
Still, error is coming and ScanPST does not work then Systools brings you an efficient tool to fix Microsoft outlook unknown error 0x80040600 and to overcome all the limitations of manual procedure. PST Repair Software is one of the best proficient tool to repair corrupted PST files.
It completes the process of conversion in just few a simple steps and is free from risks or error chances. This software is capable to convert OST files into multiple formats like PST, HTML, EML, MSG, EMLX, MSF, vCard, MBOX, etc.
Step by Step Instruction to Repair Corrupted File
Follow the steps to complete the process to repair corrupted file
- Select Add file option from the menu bar.
- Navigate the corrupted PST file and tap the next button.
- Select file/folder and then choose Export from the menu bar.
- You can select advance settings according to your need and then choose the destination and tap browse. At last, select the export button after all the process.
In this technical write-up, we have discussed error Microsoft Outlook unknown error 0x80040600. We mentioned manual and smart approaches to fix this error. In the manual method, you can recover corrupted files through Scanpst.exe but there are high chances of data loss. So, we recommend you to go with the automated solution easy and hassle-free. There are no chances of data loss and in addition.