Why is my printer not printing?
The printer is a common tool in everyday life. It is a great convenience that makes our lives easier. However, it doesn’t always run properly. There are many printer problems, including printer offline or printer responding. Also, printers not printing the information discussed in this article.
HP Printer Not Printing. This may be a common problem for many users. There are many possible reasons for this, according to investigations. If the input tray is empty , or paper is clogged , it may cause printer not printing issues.
Inkjet printer heads may also have nozzles that can impact print quality. How can I resolve the printer not printing problem? These are the steps to fix printer not printing issues.
[Solution] HP Printer Not Printing
- Basic troubleshooting is possible. If your HP printer is not working, you can start troubleshooting.
- Update or reinstall printer driver. Many times, the problem with printer not printing is caused by faulty drivers.
- Set your printer as default. If you try to print something, your computer will assign the printing tasks to the default printer.
- All print jobs can be cancelled. The stuck print queue is another possible reason why your HP printer is not printing.
- Verify the printer’s status. You may need to test your printer’s hardware if you try the above methods and still can’t print.
If necessary, check the remaining ink/toner levels and replace cartridge
Before you start doing anything complex, ensure that your printer does not run out of ink. Visually inspect the cartridge levels in your printer. If the cartridges are full and you cannot print, make sure to check the expiry date. Expired ink cartridges can cause problems with the print results.
HP Color Laser Printers
Print your printer’s supplies status page by:
- Touchscreen Control Panels
- Touch the Reportsbutton on your printer.
- Select Supplies Status.
LCD Control Panels
- Click the Setupbutton on your printer.
- Go to Reports and then Supplies status.
- Choose Print Supplies status page.
- Press O
For HP Inkjet Printers
Simply press the Ink icon. This will show you the ink levels of your printer.
Replace cartridges if ink or toner levels drop. Here are some video tutorials that will help you replace HP Printer Not Printing problem and toner cartridges.
You can adjust the color theme and choose from a variety of colors
Incorrect print settings are another reason your HP printer doesn’t print color correctly. Follow these steps:
HP Color Laser Printers (Windows).
These are the first steps to setting the color theme for your printer.
- Select Print from the program.
- Select Preferences or Properties to choose your printer.
- Click Advanced and look for the Colour Themesdropdown list.
- Select from these themes:
- Photo (sRGB).Colors have deeper colors and are more saturated. It is therefore ideal for printing photos.If you select this option, you will need to disable color management on your printer.
- Default(sRGB)Prints RGB colors on raw device mode
- Vivid (sRGB), This is a great option for business graphics printing, as it increases saturation of midtones.
(b). Set Color Options
- Go to Quality/Paper.
- Select Colour from the Field.
For HP Inkjet Printers
(a). On Windows OS
- Open Properties, Preferences and Printer Setup in the Print window.
- The Print Quality can be adjusted. To improve print quality, you can choose Draft or Normal. You should make sure the grayscale option has not been selected.
(b). On macOS
- Select Media and Quality from the Printwindow. Or Type/Quality.
- The Qualityfield can be used to improve print quality.
Clear Printer Queue
Your current printing job could be affected if the print queue is jammed with documents that haven’t printed for some reason. Clear the printer queue and then hold on to the current document.
To view the queued printers, right click on the printericon and choose Open All Prints To get your printer to work smoothly, right-click the items you don’t need and then clear them.
Clean The Printer Nozzles
Blocked printhead nozzles can cause this problem. They should be cleaned regularly to prevent them from getting jammed. This problem can be solved by cleaning the printheads nozzles.
You will need to choose the Deep Cleaning, or Clean Printer option, depending on your printer model, from the HP Printer Maintenance menu.
Keep some paper in your printer, as the HP printer will likely print a page test page after you have used the Clean Printhead option. The HP printer can output different patterns for different colors.
If you are unsure about how to clean your printer’s printheads, you should consult the manual. It will provide a detailed explanation.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows has an integrated troubleshooter that can help you fix problems with printers. This troubleshooter can be used to diagnose and resolve many issues with your printer.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot your printer.
- Enter Troubleshoot Settings into the Windows search bar, and choose the appropriate option.
- Click on the Printer option under the Get up to running section.
- Choose the Troubleshooteroption.
- Select the name of the printer from the drop-down list and then click on the Nextoption.
- To complete the troubleshooting, follow the steps on the screen.
- After troubleshooting is completed, restart the computer.
Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Hewlett-Packard Printers
You can use the HPP Print and Scan Doctor to troubleshoot problems with your Hewlett-Packard printer.
Follow these steps to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- To download the setup wizard, first click on the link.
- To install the HPPS.dr.exe and the Scan Doctor, click on the HTMLPS.dr.exe you have just downloaded.
- Open the HP Print and Scan doctor utility. Click on the Start option. This will allow you to choose your HP printer. Click on the Nextoption.
- Choose the Fix printingoption.
- To complete the process, follow the instructions on the screen.
Printers can overheat if they are used too often. The printer could crash or stop printing in this situation. Your printer may also stop working if it has been sitting idle for too long or has collected dust. The dust can cause damage to the connections.
You can balance your printing needs and keep it in good condition.
First, turn off the printer. Next, remove the paper from the output tray and rear tray. You can then insert the papers. You can now turn the printer on again and it will start printing.
Final notes – If your printer is compatible with Windows 10, download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to detect and fix isses. If problems persist, reinstall the latest HP printing software .
Right click the printer icon on the desktop and select Open All Printers to see the queued printers. Then, right click the old items and clear them to get printer working smoothly.