QuickBooks Error 1328 might pop up on the user’s computer screen while updating or installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. The users might also come across this error while doing the installation and repairing of the QB. Incomplete or corrupt installation may also be the reason for the appearance of this error. However, this error usually comes along with the error message indicating:
“Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.”
If you are also stuck with the error 1328 QuickBooks, you don’t have to worry anymore. In this post, we have discussed the factors responsible for the error broadly. Also, the simple solutions you can easily eradicate this error work seamlessly.
Sometimes, the users accessing QB for the first time might find the steps to fix installation issues a little complicated. In such instances, follow the stepwise instructions listed in this blog to defeat QuickBooks error 1328. However, don’t be afraid if you don’t find these steps worthwhile. Instead, ring us at our +1(855)-738-0359 and talk to our experts to get sure-shot solutions.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Update Error 1328 Appears
One must know the root causes responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1328. There are numerous reasons why users might come across this error. First, let’s have a glimpse of all the factors listed below.
- You might experience the error when the QuickBooks hasn’t been installed correctly.
- A malfunctioned operating system might also result in QuickBooks Error Code 1328.
- Sometimes, internet issues might interrupt users while downloading or installing QuickBooks software.
- Damage or corruption in the company file could also be one of the reasons.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error ol-233
What should be done to get error 1328 QuickBooks to get fixed?
Are you still struggling with Error 1328 while installing or updating QuickBooks, but not anymore. Without wasting much time, go through these proven and tested solutions using which you can efficiently deal with the error.
Solution 1: Updating the version of Windows
- To Commence with, tap on the Windows menu from the desktop and then look for Windows Update by typing into the search column.
- After that, open the Windows Update and opt for the Check For Updates option.
- Move ahead towards the Update Now option and look if any recent updates are available for your wIndows operating system. If it’s available, download and install it by going through the instructions on the screen.
- Once all is done, relaunch your system and try installing the QuickBooks again to verify whether the issue still exists.
Know More: QuickBooks Error Code 6190
Solution 2: Give the Config.msi File a new name.
- To initiate the process, go to the C: Drive and look for the config.msi file.
- Now, double-click the file to bring up a drop-down menu.
- After that, select the Rename option.
- Add the suffix .OLD to the end of your file name.
- To save the changes, press Enter.
- Once finished, hide the protected files and check if the error 1328 when repairing QB has been resolved. If not, proceed to the next option.
Still far from fixing QuickBooks Error 1328? Get Expert’s Help!
Through this post, we guarantee that we have covered all of the necessary details to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328. However, the troubleshooting methods listed above should be effective; if you are still experiencing problems, contact experts. For that, you are supposed to ring us at our +1(855)-738-0359 and have a conversation with our experts to receive exceptional assistance.