What Is The Necessity Of Pet Toys?
Pets like cats and dogs can be considered one of the best friends of humans. They live with you care for you and play with you which is very essential for humans to stay positive and active. But when you’re not at home, it is very hard for your pet to spend the entire day. They feel very lonely and have to fight against boredom. Therefore, numerous kong dog toys and cat toys are available in the market like dog puzzle toys and cat tunnels which are very helpful for your pet to fight against boredom easily and stay happy all the time. Such toys are easily available at online pet stores in NZ at affordable prices. Getting such pet toys will not only help them to stay happy but will also make the bonding between you and your pet very strong. Toys can assist a growing pet build confidence and learning new skills, as well as foster natural inclinations such as fetching, chasing, and exploring. They can also help them burn off energy and rest. Toys are useful in training and can assist foster good behavior and habits by allowing for adequate chewing.
Types Of Dog Toys Available At Online Pet Stores in NZ
There are hundreds of different interactive dog toys on the market now, each with its own function and set of advantages for your dog. The following are a few of them available at online pet stores in NZ:
- Toys for Chewing – All dogs enjoy chewing, but certain breeds take it to a whole new level. If your dog is a chewer, investing in a sturdy and long-lasting chew toy will save you a lot of destroyed shoes! Chew toys come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with varying levels of durability.
- Dog Ball Toys – Almost no dog can resist chasing a ball, and ball toys are a great way for your dog to get some exercise and stimulation. A ball is a classic throw toy that is considerably more exciting when it bounces unpredictably. Certain ball toys are made hollow to allow them to travel farther when thrown and help your pooch breathe properly while it’s in their mouth.
- Dog Puzzle Toys – Dog puzzle toys are a great method to keep your dog mentally stimulated and occupied while you’re away. They’re normally made to hide food within, and your dog will have to solve a series of increasingly tough riddles to get to the treat. Some puzzle toys have sophisticated designs with levers to pull and flaps to open that will interest your dog for hours.
- Plush Dog Toys – Plush toys or kong dog toys come in an almost unlimited variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, and are constructed with various fabrics and textures to keep your dog entertained. Some are equipped with squeakers and other sounds and are designed to survive gnawing. Plush toys, which are typically constructed of soft fabric, can keep your dog’s scent over time and can serve as a source of comfort for them while you’re gone.
Numerous Cat Toys Available In The Market
Just like the variety of dog toys, a large variety of cat toys are also available in the market. Some of these pet toys for cats are as follows –
- Cat Tunnel – Cat tunnel is a great toy for your cat to hide in. Your new cat may require a safe haven, or it may like expressing her zoomies by darting through tunnels if she is confident right away. Tunnels, a ripple rug, and, of course, the iconic cardboard box are examples of several types of hiding places that bring protection and enrichment to a cat.
- Climbing Toys – Some cats love to explore vertical spaces, while others prefer to remain close to the ground. If you suspect your cat is a “tree” cat, provide it with climbing choices such as a cat tree, window perch, or wall installations so it can explore its new home from a higher vantage point.
- Scratchers – All cats require a suitable outlet for their scratching energy, which is why a decent cat scratcher is recommended. Scratching is a natural habit that also aids in the filing down of those sharp claws. Some cat scratchers also serve as toys, while others provide a comfortable area to lounge and hide.
- Puzzle Toys – A puzzle toy that demands some extra effort to earn a sweet reward will test your kitty’s wits. Some best puzzle toys contain treats or dry cat food and present hurdles for your cat to overcome, while others are made up of balls or toys suspended in a maze to keep your cat occupied.