In this write-up, we are going to see the comparison between Lotus Notes and Office 365 in possible aspects. Then we will talk about the ways or techniques to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. If you want to know the details of the same, stick to the article till the end.
The Lotus Notes were having their absolute dominion over the business-related utility. This email client had all those features that other email clients can’t even imagine. But now the scenario has changed the Office 365 has become the new face of dominion over the other business-related utilities. This utility works in the direction of a smooth workflow of the business with its unhindered services.
Benefits of Moving from Lotus Notes to Office 365:
- The IBM Lotus Notes can be accessed where it was installed, and the users can access Office 365 from anywhere at any time.
- Office 365 comes with all the utilities that are likely to be necessary for businesses.
- Users can collaborate on Office 365 by sharing their files, whereas Lotus Notes lacks this attribute.
- The GUI of the Lotus Notes utility is typical to understand for the novices, and contrarily Office 365 comes with an interactive and intuitive interface.
- Office 365 is a cost-efficient utility that comes with on-time updates to meet the need of the changing business world with its efficient services.
- Also, many times Lotus Notes users have mentioned the synchronization issue of IBM Lotus Notes with the IBM Domino Server.
- The Lotus Notes maintenance and speed depend on the storage space of the local drives, so users always need to worry about space optimization. Whereas, on the other side, Office 365 does not depend on the local disk space availability and exclusively depends on Internet speed.
- Sometimes users also face chat crash scenarios on Lotus Notes, unlike on Office 365.
Numerous Ways for Lotus Notes Migration:
Talking about the safe and secure way to bring the Lotus Note conversion, first, let’s see what are the different ways to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
The manual way and the automated Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tools are the two means of conversion. The former one, i:e the manual method, is not considered a good approach for the task regarding the uncertainties it comes with. All these uncertainties associated with the manual method subsequently led to the data loss scenario.
The Drawbacks of Treading through the Manual Method:
- The IMAP Connection needed for migration can’t be made until unless the Lotus Notes is in disable mode.
- There is a size limit on Lotus Notes files in the manual method; users can only migrate data of 1 GB or less through this way.
- The manual method is complex and requires a high-level technical setup of IMAP, therefore, users must be technically versed to go through this process.
- The human error in the manual method is high, ultimately which could lead to a data loss situation.
- The active proxy and firewall also hinder the Lotus Notes migration through the manual method.
Trustworthy Way to Carry Out Lotus Notes Migration:
To avoid all the uncertainties of the manual method, users can use professional tools. Moreover, the manual method has size limitations due to which, for a large amount of data the professional tools are the only way left. To search for a secure and certified tool always remain a challenge. But don’t worry, down to this list, users can use the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool. It is a certified and secure tool that comes with many advanced features. Let’s get into its working, and then we will talk about the advantages of using this tool.
How to Use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool?
The Interface of the tool is so simple that once users go through the following steps can perform the task on their own. Download the Shoviv utility, install it on your system and open it and go as follows:
Step1: Click on Add icon from the ribbon bar, choose a source, add NSFs, and hit OK.
Step2: Now click on Outlook PST from the ribbon bar.
Step3: Deal with the sub-folders, and hit Next.
Step4: Use filters, perform folder mapping & email translation, and proceed.
Step5: Give a path for saving PST, deal with a few options, and hit Next.
Step6: The process will start; hit Finish when the process completes.
Have you seen how easy is it to use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool? Now, let’s get into its features one by one in a detailed manner through which you can easily migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Features of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool:
Online/Offline NSF Addition: Users can add the NSF files from the local storage as well as directly from the Domino Server.
No Restrictions: There is no restriction on the added NSF files size and numbers. Users can add as many NSFs without being bothered as they want for conversion in a single batch.
Preview: The tool quickly makes the preview of the added NSF files with the original folder hierarchy and data integrity. The users can access them any time from the left pane.
Unaltered Conversion: The tool brings the Lotus Notes to Office 365 conversion without alteration and changes in the original content of the NSFs.
Incremental Export: The duplicity always remains the problem, especially in the vast data situation. As a solution to this, the tool avails users of an incremental export feature to prevent the same. Moreover, it helps users to resume the process from where it was left out rather than starting from the very beginning in case of interruptions.
Filters: Users sometimes need to go with selective migration rather than migrating the whole mailboxes. In this case, the filters of the tool prove handy to them using which they can include/exclude the items suitably. The filters of this tool are based on item type and message date to let users migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 with specific items only.
Folder Mapping: This feature helps the users to accurately target the Office 365 mailboxes. It becomes much more necessary when the users need to deal with a huge amount of data.
e-mail Translation: Using this option of the tool, users can replace the canonical or inappropriate email addresses with authentic ones.
The features do not end here; there are many more in the tool. Moreover, the tool is also available in a free demo version.
The manual method only works for the data occupying space up to 1 GB and is full of complexities. Therefore, to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365, users need to rely on professional tools. One of the best tools is Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 tool which comes with an easy interface and countless features to meet the need.