MS Outlook application is the most easy-to-use email application, which saves all the data. All the emails, calendars, tasks, etc. In today’s world, many individuals or corporations create a backup of an Outlook account. The mails are stored in the MSG file extension. But opening the MSG file is no joke. It requires knowledge to open MSG files. In some scenarios, users try to open MSG files without Outlook but are unable to do that.
So in this blog, we are going to discuss multiple solutions to view MSG files. Follow the blog once.
Use Professional Technique to Open MSG File
The Freeviewer MSG Viewer wizard is a reliable tool to effortlessly open MSG files without using the Outlook email client. The software has a simple interface that is designed by experts. Moreover, the wizard helps the users to view the attachments without any data loss. The tool has some useful features, using which a user can safely open MSG files in no time. You can check out the working steps of the utility in the below section:-
Step 1:- The first step is to run and launch the Freeviewer MSG Viewer Wizard on your system
Step 2:- Find the MSG files using the File Explorer window
Step 3:- Now, use the different previewing modes
Step 4:– User can upgrade to Pro version to export and print all the MSG files
Advanced Features of MSG Viewer Tool
Go through the advanced features of this software in this section of the blog:-
- The utility will auto-locate the MSG files
- Users can search and read the MSG files with the attachments
- Installation of any email client is not required
- Sort the data using different properties such as sent, received, from, to, sent, etc.
- The software helps to rotate, zoom in, and zoom out the attachment
- The user gets different previewing modes such as RTF view, MIME view, Hex, etc.
Allows to view MSG file Vertically and Horizontally
- The utility maintains the folder structure hierarchy
- Windows 11 and all the below versions are suitable
Open MSG Files Using Manual Technique
In today’s world, almost everyone has installed browsers in their systems like Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc. So, every user can view MSG files without using any email application on their browser.
The browsers support HTML file format pages, so the user needs to have a page with an HTML file extension. So, go and choose the email and change the file extension from .msg to .html file format by doing a right-click on the file. And after that, hit the “Save As” option and select the “HTML” file format. At last, just use any browser to open the HTML page and view and read the contents of the MSG file.
Use Manual Method to Open MSG File to PDF Format
Follow the steps given below:-
- Firstly, choose the MSG file and do a right-click to open it with MS Outlook and select the “Open With” option.
- Click on the “File Menu” and hit the “Save As” option.
- Now, a Window Explorer will be opened and users need to choose the “Save as Type” .html format and store it at any specific location.
- Go to the file and do a right-click on it to open it with Word.
- Select on the “File Menu”, then “Select Save As” and choose PDF as the saving option.
- Finally, all the MSG emails will be saved as PDF files. Users can open it using the Adobe Acrobat application.
Limitations of Manual Approach
The manual method has some limitations which are mentioned below:-
- Using a manual method, users can not open and view a bulk number of emails in one go.
- Viewing emails using a manual method will consume a lot of time.
- Attachments will not be opened using the browser. The attachment will not be saved with the HTML file.
- Extra effort and time are required to view MSG files.
In the above blog, we have discussed multiple ways to open MSG files. You can go with the manual as well as the automated technique, But the manual method is a bit complicated and also not safe. So, you can check out the automated tool to view MSG files. Using this tool, you can view MSG files in no time.