Flooring is a term that is useful to cover the defective part of the ground with different flooring elements such as wood and vinyl. Flooring is a process where manufacturers use different ingredients for flooring. Floor covering is a general term for flooring where manufacturers use well-finished material over the floor structure to provide a walking surface. Carpet, vinyl, tile, and laminate are the essential material for flooring.
What is Wood Flooring?
Wood flooring is a special type of flooring available in two different forms: parquet and plank. Hardwood is more durable than softwood. The thermal conductivity is less for hardwood flooring than laminate wood flooring. Engineered wood has a thin layer than a solid wood layer. But it is easy to install the engineered hardwood due to its easy availability and cost-effective factor.
Bamboo flooring is a special type of wood flooring where manufacturers use bamboo extract flooring. It is a hard and durable flooring element. Bamboo flooring is available in various colours, textures, and patterns. In addition, bamboo flooring can be cut in different vertical, strand woven, and horizontal shapes.
The Uniqueness of Wooden Flooring
Wood flooring is a unique form of flooring manufactured from wood timber. This is designed specifically for flooring. Both the structural and aesthetic form of the wooden flooring is very attractive. Wooden flooring is available in various styles, cuts, and colours. Bamboo flooring is a special type of wooden flooring that is durable enough like other floorings.
Strong and Durable Wooden Flooring
One of the primary reasons for installing wooden flooring is its strength and durability. A wooden floor can get scratched, but it is easy to remove with proper care. Moreover, hardwood flooring can last for a long time. Wooden flooring can hold the warmth of the floor better than laminate, stone, or tiles floor. It is comfortable, especially in a cold climate. Flooring company Dubai can provide different types of wooden flooring.
Benefits of Wooden Flooring
One should consider the following factors while installing wooden flooring for household or commercial usage-
- Wooden flooring can enhance the look of your house. If you install wooden flooring, don’t use carpet. It doesn’t look good
- The maintenance of the wooden floor is also simple and easy. A wooden floor is more resistant to liquid spills and dirt. You can clean this liquid easily from the floor. Thus wooden floor is more hygienic than carpet flooring. Moreover, you cannot get an unpleasant smell from the wooden flooring.
- The colours of the wooden floor don’t fade away. The colour of the wooden floor can be damaged due to the paint and regular usage. But you cannot face this problem with hardwood flooring. Thus hardwood flooring is more long-lasting than softwood or engineered wood.
- The wooden floor can be refinished. It can save your cost and reduce the hassle of buying new wooden flooring.
- Wood is an excellent way to absorb the hollow sounds within a surface. Thus it is beneficial to perform dance and music on a wooden floor. In addition, it can reduce the noise.
- Hardwood floors do not trap pollution and dust. Thus, it doesn’t hamper the air quality of a room. If you suffer from allergies problem, a wooden floor is a perfect choice for you.
Comparison between Engineered Wood and Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is made from solid wood, and it is one of the most popular flooring types. It is usually made of hardwood trees such as oak, maple, and walnut. These hardwood trees have a longer lifespan and can resist any harsh weather climate.
Engineered wood flooring looks almost like hardwood on the surface, but it is high-quality plywood with a thin layer of hardwood flooring. Engineered wood floor is more affordable flooring than hardwood flooring. Both the surfaces are helpful for both commercial and household usage.
Reasons for Choosing Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is referred to as solid wood flooring made of hardwood trees such as walnut, maple, cherry, and oak. Solid flooring comes from solid pieces of wood. Hardwood flooring installation includes wood planks to the subfloor. The installation process of hardwood flooring requires some skills and special knowledge. However, the best part of hardwood flooring is it can last for a long time.
Reasons for Choosing Engineered Wood Flooring
engineered wood flooring can give a different design pattern useful for creating different types of designer floors. Engineered wood flooring looks identical to hardwood flooring. The engineered wood flooring construct uses a thin layer of hardwood to achieve its unique appearance.
Engineered flooring installation is not an easy task. It requires an eco-friendly process for its installation. It cannot be refinished as solid flooring. Engineered wood flooring is easy to maintain and can last for 30 years.
How to Choose the Best Wooden Flooring
One can choose the wooden flooring based on the following criteria-
- Hardwood flooring planks vary in width and range from 8 inches to 12 inches wide. Once installed, solid flooring tends to provide tighter boards. It is available in a wide range of colours.
- Engineered wood looks exactly like hardwood flooring. It has flexible width. Due to the veneer layer, engineered wood flooring is easy to install.
- Solid hardwood flooring is easy to clean and maintain. Maximum hardwood floor requires sweeping and vacuuming with occasional mopping and cleaning. But try to avoid stream water directly to the solid wood flooring.
- Engineered wood flooring requires regular vacuuming and sweeping to clean the floor.
- Hardwood flooring has a significantly longer lifespan than engineered flooring. Engineered wood flooring cannot be refinished like solid hardwood.
Floor 4 you is a unique online flooring company Dubai that provides different types of flooring instruments at an affordable price. You can get the engineered wood flooring and hardwood flooring from the store. You can contact this online retail store through their mail. This flooring store can provide all the essential flooring instruments for its clients.
Leave a Reply