Have you been looking for a solution on how to export contacts from Outlook to Excel spreadsheet? If the answer is yes, continue reading this article. This post introduces the manual method and ultimate solution as an PST to CSV converter wizard for transferring multiple Outlook address book data into Excel CSV file. Therefore, recently there are a variety of software available that can be used to export Outlook contacts to Excel. However, after testing manual method and multiple tools, I provide 100% safe & secure solution here so that it is easy for you to migrate Outlook contacts to XLS/XLSX format.
Some Queries or Question Searched by Users
- How can I export contacts from Outlook 2016 to excel?
- How to transfer address book from Outlook into excel?
- Can you export selected Outlook contact to excel?
- How do I export Outlook contact list to Excel spreadsheet?
Outlook contacts are essential to any business, so you need to carry an Excel file with you. Excel support multiple formats, such as CSV, which stores data in a table structure. CSV file is the most preferred way to share data from one program to another.
In the next section, you will learn two ways to export Outlook contacts to Excel. Let us now delve into the solution part.
Export Contacts from Outlook to Excel Manually
- Open Outlook, click File Options and select Open and Export
- Click Import / Export and select Export to File then click Next
- Select comma-separated values and again press Next
- Then select the folder where you want to export your contacts
- Please specify the destination location to save the file and click Next
- Finally, mapping custom field and hit the Finish button.
This is a manual approach to export Outlook contacts to Excel. If you want to save the generated file in another format supported by Excel, open it in an Excel spreadsheet and save it in a different format.
Limitations of Manual Method
There are some limitations caused by the manual method when exporting contacts from Outlook 2016 to Excel.
- When practicing the manual steps, field mapping takes a lot of time.
- Outlook limits the mapping fields. Only a few fields can be mapped in an Excel file, but not all.
- In situations where Outlook freezes or crashes, the source data files (such as contacts) get corrupted.
Smart Way to Export Outlook Contacts to Excel
Excel worksheets support multiple non-CSV file formats such as .xls, .xlsx, .xlam, and .xla. Outlook does not provide a direct way to export contacts in these formats. Therefore, if you want to create such a file, you will have to repeat this process, which is not very convenient. Now what is the solution to this problem?
Don’t worry, quick and secure PST file conversion is the best program that allows you to export contacts from Outlook to Excel supported file. It is able to transfer all contact information such as name, email address, phone number, image, address, and many more.
It is well suitable to download and install on latest Windows 11 or other below editions. Along with this, it is compatible with all edition of Mac OS. Moreover, it supports all Outlook versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others.
Quick Steps to Save Outlook PST Address Book into Excel File are;
First of all, download the conversion wizard on your
Step 1. Start the tool and add PST file having all contacts.
Step 2. See the preview of added contacts and click export.
Step 3. Now, select CSV file format to save address book.
Step 4. Choose destination and press the Export to complete the task.
It’s done. Now you can easily access your contacts in Excel spreadsheet and manage them accordingly.
Benefits of Using Outlook PST to Excel Converter Software
- The tool let you move various Outlook contact files to Excel. Therefore, you can easily batch export contacts from Outlook to Excel without any complication.
- It works on all versions of the Windows operating system such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. Also, you can export Outlook contacts to Excel on any version of Mac OS.
- This gives you the freedom to choose the destination path for saving Outlook address book on the system. If you want, you can select the folder to save the output.
- It also provides advanced option to scan and export corrupted PST file which having contacts. Along with this, it allows you to recover and export deleted items.
The above blog describes the complete process how to export contacts from Outlook to Excel file format. Users can easily execute the above steps and perform the task without any problems. I also described a simple solution to transfer Outlook PST address book to Excel without any limitations. Users can take advantage of an efficient and error-free method without wasting much time.
Leave a Reply