We all know that emails are quite important in our daily lives since they preserve a person’s information so that we may connect with them properly. So, just backing up all of your emails and other data on a regular basis addresses many problems, such as data breaches or if you want to transition between email platforms, such as if you’re a Mac user and want to switch platforms, or if you want to take a backup of your OLM emails in CSV format. Or you might wonder why you need to convert an OLM file to CSV format in Windows.
Read the next section to learn how to convert OLM to CSV format in detail. We also explained why we recommended converting your Mac Outlook ma8lbox data to CSV format.
Need to Convert Mac OLM to CSV?
Thousands of people wish to export OLM contacts to CSV format for a variety of reasons, some of which are stated below:
- A CSV file may hold an endless number of contacts with all of a person’s information.
- It has columns and rows, making it simple to use for both non-technical and technical people.
- Many email clients, including MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Google Apps, Gmail, Android, and iPhone, support it.
- Many spreadsheet tools, such as MS Excel, Google Spreadsheet, and others, can retrieve CSV data files offline.
We believe you are now familiar with the CSV file format and its features. Let’s look at how to convert OLM files to CSV files.
How can I convert OLM to CSV file?
Converting a Mac Outlook OLM file to CSV format is a two-step process.
#1. Export an OLM file to CSV Using Mac Outlook
#2. Convert OLM File to CSV format On Windows
We begin by exporting the OLM file from Mac Outlook. We require an OLM file since Mac Outlook saves its data in OLM format, therefore we must first export it from Mac Outlook and then convert the OLM file to CSV format.
Let’s discuss these procedures one by one with step by step description.
Method 1: Export OLM to CSV Using Mac OLM
Note: Before you proceed with this solution, you need a Mac OS system with Outlook installed on it.
After installation, follow the given instructions and save your OLM fiel emails in CSV format.
1. Open Mac Outlook on our sysetm.
2. Now click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
3. Import from another program and File >> Outlook Data File (.olm).
4. Browse the OLM file from the system and click on the Open button.
5. Now you have OLM file in your Outlook for Mac interface.
6. Now again go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
7. Export a File >> Comma Separated Value.
8. Select the folder that you want to export and click on the Next button.
9. At last, browse the saving location and hit on the Save button.
All Done! Here completes the OLM to CSV conversion process.
If you have an OLM file and don’t have a Mac OS system. Still want to convert OLM to CSV, then use the automated tool named OLM Converter mentioned below.
Method 2: Convert OLM to CSV File In Windows
To export OLM to CSV in Windows-based OS, use the automated tool and perform the conversion without facing any issues. Most importantly you don’t need a Mac system to export OLM to CSV format. This utility is standalone to convert multiple OLM files to CSV format in a single attempt without any data loss.
Steps to Convert OLM File to CSV Format Using Automated Tool
1. Download the tool on your Windows OS and then launch it.
2. Select Open >> Email Data File >> OLM File >> Select File or Folder.
3. Click on the Export and choose CSV format.
4. At last, browse the location to save the CSV file and hit on the Save button.
Finish! Here you transfer OLM file to CSV in Windows 11 using this tool.
For More Such Article: Read Here.