Many times you have found old images and you need to copy text from that images but the question is how to extract text from image files?
Well, retrieving text data from images and the process of writing every word from an image is a hectic & time-consuming task. And typing every word is not possible when we have to work on a large number of images.
So to make this start easy we are going to discuss a free technique that will help you to extract image text data in an effective manner.
Manual Method to Extract Text from Image
Looking for the manual method and do not want to spend a single penny, then here in this section, we are going to elaborate a method using Google Lens to copy text from an images or pictures.
So. Let jump into it!
First enable Google lens in Chrome
- Open google chrome on your PC
- Type and enter chrome://flags in the search bar.
- Then, search your screen using Google Lens
- Now, click on Default and change it to Enabled
Now, extract the text using Google lens.
Steps to Extract Text From Images Using Google Lens
- Visit Google’s website from your browser.
- Now you will see the images option in the upper right corner.
- Then, click on the image option and then upload the image in the search bar to begin the search.
- After that, the image will be visible on the right side of the browser.
- Right click on the image and choose search image with Google lens option
- Choose text option and select the image text and copy it.
Limitation of Free Methods
- These methods are very time taken.
- Lots of error changes and formatting issues.
- Works only when internet is available.
Manual method is great but if you have large number of images its create problem so we strongly suggest automated tool.
Also Read: How to Convert JPG Files to PDF File Format
Automated Approach To Convert Extract Text From Images
As we see the manual method has some limitations so to overcome this in this section we are going to introduce an automated tool that will complete this task easily
SysTools Image Converter Software is the tool that gives the option to copy text from multiple images at once. This is a fully featured tool that provide the option to add single and bulk images in the software panel and extract text in single click. Also, software has many advantages some additional features of the tool are listed below. But before going towards the features let’s see the working of the tool.
Firstly, download & install the software
Working of the Tool:-
- Click on “Add file“button to add an image file in software interface.
- Click on next button & you can see the preview the added image file and click on next button
- Go to export option, choose TEXT option to extract text from images and click on convert button.
- Go to your destination location, and here you can see image file converted into text file
You can download the trial version of the software and extract text from Photograph file in some clicks. It is basically designed for user experience demo version converts only 5 files, if you need the unlimited conversion go to the licensed version of the software
Features of the software:-
- Software support multiple types of images as input.
- Tool compatible with all versions of Windows operating system.
- Software provides multiple export option (PDF, Text, HTML, TIFF, and many more)
- Tool extract text from images and create a text files automatically
- Tool provide you preview mode of the images
- You can change destination location as per requirement
Benefits of Using Automated Solution
- The software increase the productivity of the user by extract text from image
- It make the document is searchable and readable
- You can convert these images into readable textual form.
If you’re searching for a solution how to extract text from images, this article will show you how to accomplish the operation of converting an image file to a Text. Use the demo version of the tool to examine its features and efficacy.