The Delhi University has its affiliated body for distance education that is popularly known as DU SOL. It’s one of the best and top-notch institutions for providing quality education in distance mode. Students in large numbers take admission to various UG and PG level programs every year. DU SOL offers various courses under both categories. If we talk about UG admission, then there are many programs to explore and read. It includes BA programmes, BCom, BCom Hons, BA Political Science, BA English and more.
BA English (Hons) is one of the most preferred courses out there as the program provides many job opportunities to the students after completing the same. The course fee for BA (English) Hons is 4040 INR. You can check more details regarding admission to this course using the official website of Delhi University. For admission to the institute, you must have achieved at least 65% in aggregate with a minimum of 75% in English core and elective subjects with three academic subjects
Duration of the Course
The minimum duration of the BA (Hons) English program is three years and the maximum is five. Students are recommended to complete the course in three years under a fixed time limit in order to have more time to do other tasks and courses.
Highlights of the Course
Students must check the highlights of the course in order to get an overview of every aspect of the program.
Let’s check these details:
- Full form of the course: Bachelor of Arts in English
- Duration of the Course: 3 years
- Fee for BA (English): 4040 INR
- Admission Procedure: Online and offline both
- Approvals and authentication: University Grants Commission
- Type of the course: Distance
- Affiliated Institution: University of Delhi
- Eligibility: 10+2 passed with at least 65% marks in aggregate for English language and literature degree
The application procedure is one of the most important things for taking admission to a particular program. Students must know each point before going for the admission procedure. Complete guidelines are mentioned on the official prospectus of the Delhi University’s School of Open Learning.
Let’s know the complete admission guidelines of the university:
- First and foremost, students need to visit the official page of DU SOL.
- Then, download the UG admission prospectus and check all the mandatory details there.
- Now, you have to register yourself by providing important information like email, desired course, name etc.
- Next, it’s time to fill out the application form. You have to enter mandatory details like courses, personal information, subjects studied in the last qualifying examination.
- Then, you need to upload all the documents on the website of DU SOL.
- Get your documents verified by visiting the campus of Open Learning, University of Delhi. The open learning campuses are located in the North and South Campus of Delhi University.
Students who want to take admission in DU SOL BA (H) English are required to check the criteria of relaxation of Delhi University. If you want some important details on relaxation, then we are here to provide you with the same. Let’s read all the points carefully:
- OBC candidates: 10% relaxation is provided on the eligibility criteria prescribed for the General candidates.
- PWD: A total of 5% relaxation is provided for taking admission to the program.
- SC/ST candidates: Minimum passing marks are required.
Documents to be submitted at the Time of Admission to DU SOL
In order to take admission to DU SOL, it is recommended to submit your important documents there. Here, we have provided the complete list of documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Registration acknowledgement slip that you have downloaded from the website.
- Recent passport size photograph and signature
- Educational documents like class 10th and 12th mark-sheet and certificate.
- Certificate of cate for seeking relaxation.
- Migration certificate if you belong to any other state and want to take admission to DU SOL.
- Certificate of BPL if your family income is below the poverty line or you want to seek admission free of cost.
Note: If you are the ward of freedom fighters, then you need to contact the university for relaxation.
Admission Rules for Foreign Students
Candidates are requested to check these important guidelines for taking admission to DU SOL in BA (English) Honours:
- First of all, students who belong to a foreign country should contact the Foreign Student Registry for admission to any course available in DU SOL.
- They must have a valid visa for at least 3 years of duration to attend classes in DU SOL.
- Candidates must have the approval to stay in India with a valid passport and visa.
Note: For admission guidelines and course details, students are requested to visit the online website of DU SOL. Here, they can download the admission form, fill out the application form, download e-study materials and so on.