It is very important for a healthy body to be in balance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. An imbalance of any of these can lead to many health problems or doshas in the body. Vayu dosha is caused by air, Kapha dosha is caused by water, and Pitta dosha is caused by fire. Pitta dosha can cause 40 types of diseases. In such a situation, it is very important to do it in balance in time. If you have red rashes, boils, and pimples in your body or you get angry more then these can be symptoms of pitta dosha. Along with this, acidity, indigestion, and constipation are also symptoms of pitta dosha, for this it is important for you to take care of your diet. To pacify pitta dosha, you have to consume cold and sweet things. If you wish, with the help of some yoga postures, you can also calm or balance the pitta dosha. Shashankasana, Gomukhasana, and Yogamudrasana can be very beneficial in this. Let us know about the way of doing these yogasanas and the benefits they get.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Yoga School in Rishikesh.
It is very easy to do Shashankasana posture, you can easily do it at home too, it does not take much time to do this asana but it gives a lot of benefits. Regularly doing Shashankasana or Shashakasana removes stress and anxiety. If you get very angry, then this asana is also beneficial for you. Anger and stress increase when pitta increases, in such a situation, doing this asana gives relief in both of them, due to which pitta dosha can be pacified. Not only this, but it also strengthens the digestive system, liver, and kidney. By doing this daily, the muscles of the back, arms and legs become strong. It is also a very good yoga posture for heart patients. You can do this asana daily to increase your memory and lung power.
How to do:
- To do this asana, first of all, lay a mat on the ground and sit in Vajrasana. If you want, you can also sit in Padmasana.
- Keep your waist and spine straight.
- Raise both your hands above your head. During this, keep your hands at an equal distance from the shoulders.
- Now while exhaling, bend your hands forward from the waist while coming down.
- Try to keep your chin and hands on the ground.
- Now, look at the front with a smile.
- After stopping in this state for 10-30 seconds, take long breaths and come back to your initial or normal position.
- You can repeat this asana 3-5 times. If you want, you can extend its time as per your apologies.
While doing Shashankasana posture, it is always necessary to keep some things in mind. If you are absolutely healthy, then you can do it easily without any fear. But if you are suffering from any serious health problem or pain, then you should do it only under the supervision of an expert. If you are suffering from back pain, then you should avoid doing Shashankasana. Also, people with sciatica, slip discs should also not practice this asana. Patients with a hernia and stomach may have problems doing Shashankasana. Patients with hypertension or high blood pressure should do this asana only on the advice of an expert.
Gomukhasana may seem difficult for you to see, but it is very easy to do. In this, you have to use your hands and feet. There are many health benefits of doing this asana regularly. Gomukhasana is helpful in removing diseases caused by pitta. If it is done regularly, it reduces stress and anger as well as strengthens the muscles of the hands and feet. Stiffness of the shoulders, the neck can be removed by doing this asana. It is very beneficial to do this during cervical. Along with making the lungs strong, it also keeps the digestive system healthy. It keeps the liver, kidney health and it also develops the chest.
How to do:
- To do this asana, you should lay a mat in a peaceful and clean place and sit on it with both your feet forward.
- Now keep both your hands on the side and bend your left leg at the knee.
- After this, bend your right leg at the knee and place it on top of the left leg. During this, the heel of your right foot will remain near the buttock of the left foot.
- After this, bend your left hand from the elbow and take it on the back and keep it above.
- Now bend your right hand from the elbow and bring it down from the shoulders from the backside, then interlock the fingers of both your hands.
- Breathe and exhale in this state, after staying in this state for some time, you can come back to normal.
- After this do the same with the left leg and hand. During this, you have to keep in mind that the leg which is above, the same hand will come below the shoulders.
- You can repeat this process 4-5 times.
Although all yogasanas should be done on an empty stomach, it is necessary to do Gomukhasana on an empty stomach. If you do this in the evening, then keep in mind that you have not eaten anything for 3-4 hours. If you have pain in your hands, feet, and knees, you should avoid doing this asana. Also, it is advised not to do it even if there is a problem with piles. If you have recently had an operation, do it only on the advice of an expert. Not only this, even if you are suffering from some serious disease, you should not do it without an expert.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
3. Yoga Mudrasana
Yogamudrasana is a very good yoga posture to pacify pitta dosha. This gives peace to the mind and pacifies the anger. It also helps in relieving stress, anxiety, and depression. Not only this, doing this asana regularly strengthens the digestive system. It also helps in strengthening the liver, stomach, and small intestine. Doing Yoga Mudrasana can be very beneficial for diabetics.
How to do:
- To do this yoga posture, first of all, sit on a mat in Padmasana.
- Close both your eyes.
- Now take both your hands back and hold the wrist of the right hand with the palm of the left hand. Now take a long deep breath.
- Lean forward while exhaling. Stay in this state for some time and breathe in and out.
- After this come to your normal state, you can repeat this process 4-5 times.
- Pregnant women should avoid doing this asana.
- Avoid doing this even if you have sciatica or slip disc problems.
If you are also troubled by pitta dosha, then you can do these yogasanas regularly. These yogasanas can be beneficial for you. But in the beginning, do them only under the supervision of an expert. Also, if you have any serious health problems, then do these yogasanas only on the advice of a doctor or yoga expert.