Weekend retreats have become a kind of solace to keep your body, mind, and soul thriving amidst the monotonous daily routine life. Travel is an excellent therapy to relax, rejuvenate, refresh, unwind, and gather to face the everyday stress and grind. However, going for an extended vacation might not be possible for everyone – there might be work limitations or budget constraints.
So, if you are eager for a getaway but cannot stay away for long, instead of waiting for an extended vacation, why don’t you plan short weekend trips? If you live in Delhi, you are incredibly fortunate since you can choose from innumerable places near Delhi for a weekend getaway. We have created a short list of places you can visit for a quick weekend getaway near Delhi to make things easier. Here is a comprehensive list of such sites, which are also budget-friendly at the same time.
- Rishikesh – One of the best destinations for a weekend escapade from Delhi is Rishikesh. For many people, Rishikesh is a holy place with many temples and the Holy Ganges flowing through the city. There is a spiritual aura in the area.
Having said that, Rishikesh is a haven for young people as well. If you didn’t know, this quaint place is also synonymous with adventure. People travel to Rishikesh to enjoy river rafting, bungee jumping, and camping as well. The place also offers immense natural scenic beauty and hence is great for just sitting back and relaxing.
- Mcleodganj – Little Tibet – Also known as Little Lhasa, Mcleodganj is situated in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district. Explore Tibetan ethnicity and awe-inspiring natural beauty at this place.
During your weekend visit to this small yet beautiful little town of Kangra, don’t forget to visit the monasteries, as well as the archives and libraries containing Tibetan work. You will gain insight into Tibetan culture and art by visiting the local cafes and the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts. An excellent place for shopping for Tibetan trinkets as well.
Sohna – When you are looking for places near Delhi for a weekend getaway within 200 kilometres, Sohna is a great option. Sohna is a small and picturesque city in Haryana. It takes around 2 hours to reach Sohna from Delhi via Gurgaon-Alwar Highway. Delhiites often choose this destination for a short weekend retreat.
Sohna is popular for its fort ruins, hot springs, and tranquil lakes. If you aim to unwind and chill amidst natural landscape beauty, visit the beautiful Sohna Lake or Damdama Lake.
Agra – The epitome of love, the majestic Taj Mahal is the main attraction of Agra. However, there are other attractions in Agra, too, including the Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and various other mausoleums. Agra boasts of a rich cultural heritage and stands as a witness to the legacy of the majestic Mughal Dynasty. It takes almost 4-4.5 hours to reach Agra from Delhi.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Agra, do consider Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Center. It offers luxurious accommodation for guests along with world-class hospitality services. Make your weekend plan more attractive by booking rooms in this hotel.
- Lansdowne – Lansdowne is one of the lesser-known weekend destinations from Delhi. Located at a distance of 260 kilometres from Delhi, Lansdowne is a piece of paradise in Uttarakhand. Lansdowne is the place to be if you love trekking, lofty hills, and bird watching. The scintillating and awe-inspiring views of the Himalayas from 1780 meters above sea level, coupled with salubrious weather conditions, are enough to take your breath away.
If you drive from Delhi, it will take about 6.5-7 hours to reach Lansdowne. Kotdwar Railway Station, which is at a distance of 40 kilometres from Lansdowne, is the nearest railhead to this beautiful place.
- Mussoorie – Known as the ‘Queen of Hills’, Mussoorie abounds in natural scenic splendour. This beautiful hill station is a perfect destination for adventure and leisure travellers. With the mighty Himalayas as the backdrop, Mussoorie has cascading waterfalls, pristine lakes, ornate gardens, colonial bungalows, and a vibrant marketplace – everything that is needed to make a perfect weekend getaway.
Plan your accommodation in Mussoorie in Jaypee Residency Manor, which is scenically nestled on a hilltop. You can enjoy a panoramic view of the snow-capped Himalayas and the Doon Valley from this luxurious hotel.
- Manesar – Located at a distance of just 56 kilometres, Manesar was a small and unknown village previously. However, today the place has transformed into a business hub. The place has experienced tremendous growth in the last three decades.
Despite turning into a business hub, Manesar has retained its calmness and rustic charm. The areas around are pretty and serene. Many resorts have developed in the place, offering quality accommodation and other luxurious services to guests.
Have a quick refreshing weekend getaway
All the above-mentioned destinations are beautiful and budget-friendly places near Delhi for a weekend getaway. Plan your weekend retreat right away, and don’t forget to book your stays in advance for a comfortable trip.
Read more blogs on setuppost.com