Do Prepaid Cards Work With Cash App? Let’s Find Out!
A gift card is basically a prepaid debit card that has a specific amount of money that is available for the use of buying a variety of products. Also, store gift cards are designed for a very specific reason and can only be used by specific merchants and retailers.
Unfortunately, you would be sad to know that Cash App does not offer any sort of gift card service. Money other apps provide gift cards to their users but Cash App does not. So, disregard the idea of buying or using the Cash App card. Today we shall be discussing what prepaid cards work with Cash App?
Well, it would be a surprise for you to know that the Cash app works with only one type of prepaid card. EIP Card is Visa branded, Treasury-sponsored, prepaid card that provides absolute safety, convenience, and a very secure way to easily access their Economic Impact Payments that too without having to go to the bank.
So if you have an EIP Prepaid card then you have all the reasons in this world to smile because Cash app supports EIP Prepaid cards. It means you can add and set up your EIP card as a payment method. Get more information in the next section.
How to add a government-enabled prepaid card( EIP) to the cash app?
These are the steps that you need to follow step by step on your smartphone’s Cash App application, in order to link your debit card to your Cash App card.
- The cash app allows you to add only one credit and debit card at a time.
- If you want to add any other debit or prepaid card, then you will have to remove the first card in order to complete the process.
Steps to set up the EIP Prepaid card to Cash App
- The 1st step is open the Cash App and login into your account.
- You now need to look at the bottom left corner of the screen, where you shall find the banking or my cash tab. Select it.
- Now move down a little and then tap on your linked debit card.
- After that from the top right corner select the three dots icon and then tap remove.
- The next step is to tap on add debit card.
- Entering your gift or prepaid card number in the given field should be done next.
- Now enter the basic information like expiration date, zip code, and CVV code.
- Once completed you need to make sure all the information you have entered is absolutely correct.
- The last step is to tap the add button.
- If your card is not enabled by the US Government, you will find an error.
How to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App?
The answer to this question is a big NO. I have mentioned earlier also that you cant transfer money from your gift card to Cash App. Even if you have any kind of gift card such as iTunes, Amazon, Starbucks, Walmart, Chipotle, Etc. it won’t work.
Only if you are privileged enough to have a government-authorized EIP Prepaid card, then you are eligible to transfer money to your Cash App card.
Steps that need to be followed to add money to your Cash App from your Prepaid card
- Firstly open the Cash App and then click on the My Cash tab.
- Now tap on the Add Cash option.
- Then enter the exact amount you want to add in your account, then tap on the add option.
- You now need to enter your Cash App PIN to confirm.
- The money would be added to your account.
All these points are to be kept in mind when having any problem problems while dealing with gift card to Cash App cards. With this, we come to the end of this.