Revenue Alert! Videos are the NewGen income generators
Content is increasingly being consumed in the video format, over traditional format. Online viewership, which is growing phenomenally at 72%, is willing to pay for viewing video content. The video monetization platform market is expected to grow to $17 billion by the end of 2020. In such digitalized market spaces, video publishers should strategize to generate income from their video content.
Currently, high revenue-earning video-content categories are:
Entertainment (OTT, Video-on-demand), Educational apps (MOOCA’s) videos, Fitness, Sports and Religious videos.
The main areas of income on these top video monetization platforms are video advertisements, a category which has grown by 60-percent, in two years. Other video earnings are direct transactions, subscriptions, and payment-per-view, on-demand services also.
Why should you monetize videos?
There is a strong market for every type of video content category, be it – general content, premium content, specialized content, entertainment, sports, DIYs or other niche content also.
Digital viewership data analysts’ Conviva studied nearly three trillion transactions in real-time to find that Virtual Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) viewership has grown by 108% in 2020. Owners of video libraries, publishers, owners should monetize. Develop stable streams of revenue by choosing the best app monetization platform.
Best video monetization platforms that video publishers are leveraging to earn high income from their videos are: Vplayed, Lightcast, InPlayer, Cleeng, Dacast, and Youtube.
It is now clear that video content publishing holds a great opportunity also to generate income. However, the question that arises now, is:
What is video monetization?
In the current internet-driven commercial parlance, video monetization is:
Firstly, video publisher or content creators being able to earn money from – granting video access to individuals, viewers or the platform also
Secondly, such revenue does not include the video creation process
Hence, by video monetization you are paid for:
- allowing people to watch your videos
- agencies who want to access or message your audience also
There are different models in use to monetize videos
- AVOD (Advertising-based Video on Demand)
- SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand )
- TVOD (Transactional Video on Demand)
- PVOD (Premium Video on Demand)
As a video broadcaster or video publisher, you will have to derive the best-fit model for the niche or industry to which you produce or own videos.
One of the most popular vMVPD is Youtube where you can publish your video content and also earn from the platform when you get viewership, advertisements or collaborate with other YouTube channels. However, things have changed on Youtube.
Why do you need to look beyond Youtube?
Youtube is very competitive and nearly 96.5% do not generate any income here. Stringent guidelines govern advertiser content, statistics of viewers’ rules, while eligibility and also video monetization rules are constantly revised. In this backdrop, there are only a handful of success stories of publishers that earn ten-figure revenues directly rom videos on Youtube! Algorithm that Youtube uses to categorize the videos, the processes of qualification that videos have to comply with are very complicated and competitive. This makes it a very big challenge for noobies and semi-professional video publishers to earn income from their quality videos.
If you are a noob struggling to learn ways to earn from top-notch videos that you publish. The following strategies are the boost that you need to grow your viewership (and earnings)!
Hence, to profitably earn without Youtube, the following can be explored:
Six strategies to video monetizing platform without Youtube:
Try these strategies to monetize your videos without relying on video monetization platforms like Youtube:
- Affiliate marketing- is second only to Google AdSense in revenue generation online. In this method, all you need to do is to link to services and products of third parties charging a commission for every sale you make. Some platforms are Sharesale, CJ Affiliate, FlexOffers
- Members-only viewership – in this method, you can close your video content to all but those who share the same ideas, via a members-only site. The community can gain from your specialized content for a small fee or subscription. However, the key factor is to create and publish content regularly
Online course sales –
Leads to earning passive income. Your attentive audience being familiar with your style and content would be agreeable with educational tutorials on the same topics also.
- Selling digital downloads – this will help the audience increase revenue like ebooks, cheat sheets, templates, graphic designs, documentaries, animation, audio
- Sponsor-mentions video – is helpful in directly referencing products and giving out links of products and services
- Collaborations – are strategic partnerships by which affiliate marketing programs on our own is possible.
Alternatives to YouTube for monetization of videos
The following discussion identifies the tools and platforms for video monetization your website, without Youtube:
1) Diverse Marketplaces like – Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo are all similar to YouTube in holding captive audiences for different video categories. Reaching out or having a presence on such platforms with an expansive audience streamlines the search process to attract new customers is simplified. It also gives an opportunity to increase your sales.
2) Network sites for ad revenue –
Streaming services are the main attraction for young adult viewers globally. Online networks are major avenues for monetizing videos. This could include channels also such as network with your network site suggest: IGTV, Disney Digital Network.
While streaming is an effective method of distributing content that you produce with their charges and fees, promotion charges may be expensive.
3) Own website for profitable income from videos– Own website allows you to connect directly with your viewers and will not have to share with other platforms. You can sell digital downloads to your audience onsite. This encourages customer relationship management as well as independence and flexibility. Websites and products will provide the ideal way to offer videos developed for every individual.
Monetizing videos that you create or publish is the latest online revenue income channel. The simplest methods are discussed above.
The Video monetizing industry is growing furiously, and so is viewership. While Youtube is the third largest and best video monetization platform, close on the heels of early players – Hulu and Sling, its revenue-sharing policies and content publishing guidelines also are complex and limited.